Wednesday, June 17, 2009

In case anybody wants a view into my slightly warped mind

Since I'm new to this shindig, here's a little bit more about me. This can either serve as a warning to you to "get out now, while you still can" or make you treasure your sanity all the more.

25 Random Facts About Me


1. I have craft ADHD. Seriously. It’s a problem. Seriously.

2. I never thought I would be able to be a stay-at-home mom for longer than a year. And now I can’t imagine having a full time job while trying to raise three small children. Wait, that IS a full time job.

3. I don’t have a cell phone and hope to never have one that is solely dedicated to myself (meaning we will probably break down and get 2 family phones for family use when the kids get older and yes, Ross pretty much has to have one for work. Yechhh the evil things!)

4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE walking to school with my children and assorted other little friends on various days (and even sometimes Grandma and Grandpa too!) It’s fun, interesting, good for us, gives us some time to connect, and honestly I think it’s funny to walk past the houses of people who only live a block away from school and drive their child to school ONLY to come right back to their house and park their car and head back in.

5.I have so many ideas in my head during the course of the day that I fear I will have a brain aneurysm some time soon.

6. I always had a thing for a guy in uniform and low and behold I married a guy in uniform, although his uniform now consists of work jeans, a flannel shirt and a ball cap instead of camouflage. Hmmm…he’s still pretty hot though. And now that I think about it, he still wears camouflage. It’s not the same though.

7. If I ever had to live in the Western part of Washington State again, I would probably become one of their suicide statistics.

8. I never thought I would live farther than 30 minutes from the Coast in my lifetime. Until I moved to Central Oregon the closest I lived to the beach was 5 minutes and the farthest was 20 minutes (okay, in WA I am counting the Puget Sound as “the Coast”.) I think I would feel claustrophobic if I had to live in a landlocked state.

9. I have a deep fascination with the ocean but also a deep fear. I think I drowned in a previous lifetime. I think it was a tsunami. Or possibly I was on the Lusitania. I am pretty sure I was attacked by a shark. I still swim in the ocean though.

10. I really want to be a “runner” but I suck at running (I mean really, people walk faster than I “run”) and I have the body of a softball player. This is what happens when you are descended from French grape stompers, German kraut growers and Irish potato farmers. I have the body of a peasant.

11. I think I would die if I became blind and could not read books.

12. I have so much craft crap that I could open a small store.

13. I am curious about everything and LOVE, LOVE to research. But that also prevents me frequently from moving forward with what I need to do.

14. While in college I thought for sure that I would eventually get my PhD.

15. Okay, it’s probably no surprise that I was a History major after reading #13 & #14.

16. I had a boy from Northern Ireland tell me he was in love with me when I was 18. Hee hee.

17. I am the only one in my household that does NOT have brown eyes. Mine are swampy hazel colored.

18. I think most politicians suck.

19. I am pretty sure I was born in the wrong generation.

20. I was 20 years old before I had ever been out of the State of California. But by 24 I had lived in 3 states.

21. While Ross was in the Navy we wrote close to 300 letters to each other.

22. I really, really like to swear.

23. I was on a bowling team for a few years while I was in elementary school. I had a zip up polyester green bowling shirt with all my bowling patches sewn on it (you know, high game, bowled a turkey, high series, etc. – and if you don’t know what any of that means, you are obviously NOT a bowling nerd!)

24. I don’t like pretentious, entitled, mean, rude or irresponsible people.

25. Currently, the woman I think I would most like to meet and have a conversation with is Dolly Parton. She’s cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment