Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Pleasant Craft-ernoon

Okay, I thought I better get some craft fun in here ASAP. A few weekends ago we had our 4-H Adventurers Club over for some garden/nature crafts. It was a beautiful afternoon and the kids had so much fun. I just love those days.

First project: Mini Gardens
Originally I wanted to use small houseplants but I couldn't find any. So I ended up just getting 6-packs with small plant that looked cool and kinda prehistoric when combined with the other goodies.


This was the fun part, marbles, rocks, pebbles, beach glass, bugs, dinosaurs, frogs....all to create a cool mini garden world.



Don't they look wonderful?


Next up were the birds nest helpers. I'm not sure what else to call them. You stuff them full of good stuff (fibers, yarn, lint, feather, twine, pine needles, mulch, wool) that the birds can use to help build their own nests.


A wonderful family friend crocheted all of the baskets for us. I have seen this idea several times throughout the years but Kleas did a great blog post on it and inspired the crocheted holders for this project.


Lastly, we made painted jar candleholders:


We got the idea from my very crafty sister when we visited CA in April. We used mason jars, glass paint, florists wire and beads.


They are so dang cute.



1 comment:

  1. I agree with you they are cute - I like the added beads to the jars it gives that extra color. I hate to toss out jars so now that you shared this great idea I can have our children's chapel make their own. Thanks for sharing!
    Susan ~ Sunny California ":)

    ReplyDelete