Sunday, August 16, 2009

Yes, My Laundry Line Again

I realized in my last laundry line post that I told you the origins of my laundry line but not why I LOVE IT. Darn it, I'll just have to do another post.

Some of my favorite laundry

I love the smell....the clothes REALLY do smell like cool breezes and warm sunshine. I constantly sniff the clothes as I take them down.

I love the sounds and the sights: whispering breezes, flapping towels, snapping sheets, waving nightgowns, twirling swimsuits,dark brown garden soil,green grass, intense blue skies...

I love the contrasts: tie dyed shirts next to white undies, ripped, rough old jeans tickling the edge of a baby blanket, socks hanging haphazardly in a row...

I love the starchy, wrinkly texture of the clothes after they dry...

I love that I feel useful and invigorated after I put the first load out in the morning....and that I feel completed and restful when I take the last load down in the evening...

I love that the dryer doesn't have to be on all summer....

I love that Peelu starts out helping me with the laundry, until she sees her brother's Star Wars underwear, and stops helping me in order to rip off her own clothes and puts his damp, freshly washed underwear on her own little hiny and then runs around the yard with a saggy Clone Warrior staring at me....

1 comment:

  1. Go Kellie!!! I don't know where you find the time!!!

    ReplyDelete