Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One -Skein Scarf = Success

New scarf Photoshoot

I just LOVE these easy and fabulous scarf that I finished a few weeks ago. (Yep, I am a little behind on posting some crochet projects). The pattern is from the Stitch N' Bitch: Happy Hooker crochet book. Is that not the best name for a crochet book, or what? It makes me laugh every time I read it. Ahhh...yes, my warped sense of humor does surface here sometimes. Sorry. But truly this is a fabulous book. Her basic crochet instructions are funny as heck. And the patterns are just plain cool.

Do I look like a professional scarf model or what?

Anyway, this is the One Skein Scarf by Denise Cozzitorto. Simple, one-skein and it looks great. It was a great travel project - easy to pick up and put away for a bit. And it makes a cute and quick present. I think I'm keeping the pink one. But I have two others in the works for upcoming presents.

Finished my first One Skein Scarf

It's a great length to wrap around your neck and still have enough of the pretty pattern to hang down.

Sorry about the cleavage shot
(sorry about the cleavage shot.)

Project details: Paton's Classic Wool in Heather Rose (worsted weight yarn). I have a small ball left. The pattern called for an L hook to chain and then a J hook to work the rest of the pattern. But I used a K for the chain and then the J hook for the rest.

Rosey One Skein Scarf
Yep, it's that easy.

4 comments:

  1. On top of me needing one of those Rainbow Tahoe hats I need a one-skein scarf I'll even buy them from you, they are so awesome.

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that scarf pattern! It's so much fun to do! I used a foundation single crochet for my second one for the beginning chain and found it was much more what I wanted. Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from Argentina! I´m Karina Cozzitorto and i love FRIDA too!! Nice to meet you. I´m 40 years old mom whit 2 boys (one in heaven...he´s my guardian little angel...) I love art and was my "reborn therapy" after his die.
    My mail is fridadisegno@gmail.com and i ´ll love receive news from you...maybe we´re family!! jajjaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karina, thanks for your sweet comments. I am very sorry to hear about your son. I am glad art has helped you heal.

      Delete