Saturday, November 7, 2009

Skelly Shirts and Red Velvet Art Class

Glow in the Dark Skelly shirts

I have a post I am still writing about the on-line classes I have taken this past year and how much I have enjoyed them. Stay tuned for that. But here is the first project I have finished from the current Red Velvet Art class (taught by Elsie and Rachel) that I am taking on-line.

Skelly shirts from RVA class

I used glow-in-the-dark fabric paint to paint the "bones". I think next time I will use white fabric paint first and then put the glow-in-the-dark paint over the white. The bones are a bit hard to see unless they are glowing or you catch them at the right angle. The maniacs loved them however and Hot Rod wore his shirt three days in a row. They worked especially well for the last school day before Halloween because they are not allowed to wear costumes to school

The littlest skelly

No comments:

Post a Comment