Monday, December 28, 2009

Making Seven!

These babies are big

What is up with all this crocheting business? That's what you're thinking, right? Or you're thinking that Kellie has completely lost it and the kids are locked up in the closet. Hmmm...that gives me an idea...oh anyway...

My first contribution to a crochet-along

Well, my crafty gene has gone into overdrive this holiday season, much to the dismay of my clean house. Oh wait, my house is NEVER clean...what I meant was it's even messier than usual as this weird obsession has taken over. Luckily Ross and the maniacs have learned to ignore my piles.

Well anyway, I ran across this crochet-along, crochet challenge....reason for more yarn... And I was tremendously inspired by Badskirt's fantastically beautiful blocks and I ventured over to One Flew Over's blog for the details and voila.....here I am.

My first block

Finally participating in my first crochet-along. This is big news for a lurker like me. But I was entranced, excited, amazed at all of these cool crocheted blocks...oh yeah, and I had the book. So here I go....the above block is #13 Circle in a Square block. It was my first one. I am thinking of making them all into pot holders so I am using worsted weight cotton yarn. Mostly Lion cotton. They are pretty darn big but this is what I had on hand, and I think it will work well for pot holders.

This one is growing on me

Willow, above, was my second block. At first I wasn't totally jiggy with all that Seaspray color. But it's growing on me. I haven't blocked anything yet but so far I am pretty happy with them. The hardest part has been deciding on color combinations. I am limited by my stash but still, there's so many ways you can do each block. It's crazy if I let myself think about it too much. Okay enough chatting for now. I gots me some blocks to be makin' Don't worry. I'll keep you posted. I know you're waiting on pins and needles for my next unveiling.

2 comments:

  1. I really like you colours! It's hard to pick which I like better. The blues in Willow work great together, but I'm also a huge fan of sour green and blue! Thanks for joining in. Love your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myyy are you teasing me? I think... I think I will have to go check-out these sites as I've seen a few others doing these squares & I'm thinking it all looks like lots of fun... ummmm... OOroo... Bethel

    ReplyDelete