Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rainbow Tahoe Hat

Almost finished.

Quick post here on a recently finished project.


My new rainbow hat

Super easy hat pattern from Interweave Crochet Fall magazine. The pattern is called the Tahoe Hat.


Rainbow beanie #2

It had some really cool increases in the crown - you increased in both the front AND back loop of the same stitch. I thought that was fun and different and gave the hat a cool ridge around the crown. It said in the pattern that the rest of the hat - worked in alternate front and back loops makes the hat very stretchy. And it really did. In fact, this is more of a light Fall hat for me than a winter hat because it is kinda airy - the wind really goes through it. The hat did turn out a bit big on me, so next time I would probably cut out an increase row and maybe two of the bottom rows as well. And probably bump down a hook size. But the overall design is great.

Rainbow beanie #1

I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn in the new Primary colorway. I really don't like 100% acrylic yarn but yet I LOVE Red Heart's colorways. They are always fun. I'm always on the fence about this yarn. Anyway, more hat projects in the works since it's getting colder out. Brrrrrr..... for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment