Thursday, January 14, 2010

Manufacturing my own sunshine these days

Close-up of the Sunburst

It's winter in Oregon, what can I say? And I even live on the sunny side of the Cascades. So I guess it was appropriate to start my Patriotic Sunburst block for the Let's Make Seven CAL.

#65 Patriotic Sunburst

#65 in Jan Eaton's 200 Crochet Blocks pattern book. I chose not to go the patriotic route of the red, white and blue as they did in the sample. Instead I needed some sunshiny colors. However, of all the blocks so far. This one has given me the most headaches!! It's not especially hard but I had to frog different rounds at least seven times because I kept mis-counting or getting distracted and then I couldn't figure out which round I had actually messed up on.....ay yi yi!

Patriotic Sunburst is giving me a headache

But I persevered, and several new swear words entered my vocabulary (under my breath of course - I have small children, Geesh!), and in the end I finished it. Apparently all so Ariel could have a blanket to snuggle under.

Ariel's lying in the lap of luxury

And then Peelu decided she liked the Anemone block better for Ariel. I guess the red and orange clashed with her hair.

More of Ariel's splendid blankets

Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment