Thursday, January 28, 2010

More hotpads and a swap in there too!

Dishcloth Swap #1

I am participating in my first swap on Ravelry. It's with 12 Dancing Dishcloths, and everyone participating is assigned a month where they receive all the dishcloths. So I can practice more crochet stitches with relatively small projects and make somebody happy. Plus, when November rolls around I get all the packages! Yippeee! Perfect for a mail lover like me.

So, this first swap went to Tara in Texas. Originally I was going to send her this ripple dishcloth:
Folded dish cloth

But, I didn't have on-hand the hook called for so I went with a larger hook on this striping cotton I have been wanting to try. I am not too happy with the results. The openwork part of the ripple looks messy to me. And it was getting way too big and distorted looking. Arrghhh... I love how the yarn striped and the color in person is very pretty. But I could not get a good photo of it during our cloudy days. So it looks very washed out in these photos.

New dishcloth pattern

I should frog it, but Ross convinced me to just use it in our kitchen and so I went back to a recent square from 200 Crochet blocks that I just absolutely loved and felt would make a good dishcloth:
Another Twistin' Granny Block

Yep, another twistin' granny block. Again, sorry for the washed out colors (the other photos show it more true to color). Then I added a little flower tawashi I had made months ago and a tiny handmade card and...voila...the package was sent off.

Yep, I went with the granny

Oh yeah, and before I forget, here is my new favorite hotpad/potholder pattern:

Motif #14

Besides making grannies, I am all about the FPdc these days. When I saw this pattern in another beautiful motif book, this one by Edie Eckman, I knew it would turn out something fun. It's motif 15 and I added another increase round of the orchid color and then a sc final row of the natural (all Lion Brand cotton with a G hook). I love the retro look of it and I think I will make a bunch more in other cool vintage colors.

Well, whaddya think, more crochet craziness these days? I swear in between all of this I am feeding the kids and marginally keeping the house clean. The laundry however....ehh.....

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love it all. Love the ripple washcloth, love the swap prezzy, love that you get heaps of mail in November, and I love the pot holder! I made this one a few dsays ago from a pattern I found online but only did a row of each colour instead of 2. I might have to have another go with 2. I'm off to follow your lovely blog so I'll see you again soon. X

    ReplyDelete