Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Creating along...

Pretties

Okay, we know I don't need more stuff to be crocheting but.......what can I say...I'm killing two birds with one stone here and having fun at the same time. That's good, right?

All stacked up - not too bad of a start

Well, Mel, over at One Crafty Mumma (one of my idols and one of my most favorite crafty blogs to drool over) just had to go and start another fabulous create-along.

Sending some spring my way!

And this one was right down my alley these days: wash/dish cloths. Mine are obviously all going to be crocheted since I am still afraid of knitting needles. Now, I figure this is a good thing for me because I am also newly involved in a monthly dishcloth swap at ravelry and...get it, get it.....these two activities can be done together!!!! See, am I efficient now or what?

My first three cloths for Mel's create-along

I can see you understand me. Now can you just explain it to my husband?

The green flower

Okay, details here: Pattern is called Chrysanthemum Dishcloth from Lily Sugar & Cream. (You have to register - for free- to their site to get the patterns).

The yellow flower

This was a fun and unique pattern for me. The last round is worked up and down the previous shells kinda in a ladder effect. I've never done anything like this before but it was surprisingly easy. It is very heavy duty and would be a good scrubber and likewise a good pot holder or trivet/hotpad. That last round is raised and makes for a padded cushiony effect.

The pink flower

I LOVE THIS PATTERN! I think it looks really cool. And the juicy colors I used are sure making me yearn for summer - spring-like weather at least would be nice. I dunno, they just make me want a popsicle right now!!

Good scrubber!

Whaddya think?

Tally= 3 cloths

9 comments:

  1. I love these! I saw a free sheet to make one of these at Michael's the other day and grabbed it, so I've added it to the list. Love the bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are terrific! well done! Better go & check out the pattern to see how hard it isn't! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Saw these beauties over on Flickr! I L.O.V.E. the colors, reminds me of sherbert! Definitely going to bookmark the pattern. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I was looking at that pattern earlier. I love all the cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've done a great job! Love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These flower cloths are fab! Love the bright, cheery colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your color choices! These look great!

    ReplyDelete