Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Some more granny action

Workin' that granny

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh baby. I'm outta control now. I've got little squares lying around here and there. Patterns for every granny square under the sun peeking out from every flat surface. Yarn all over the place...

A little granny action

This is the start of my first Giant Granny. She started out as a pillow cover but I;m not sick of her yet, so I thought I'd keep going and see what happens. Since I've had out my Lion Brand cotton yarn for the Let's Make Seven blocks, I just kept going with those. I grab a different color for every round. Some color combos I like better than others, but I like it all random and colorful.

Giant granny?

I'll keep you updated on the latest progress. I think she will be ongoing for those mindless crochet moments that I need.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I recently did this sort of thing with a ripple blanket, just grab a color and go. Somewhat freeing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I mentioned that Granny Squares are the Building Blocks to Fashion?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. I like that idea, Ellen, but I am not very fashionable. ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL! i think all the colors look lovely together!! and it looks super soft!

    ReplyDelete