Friday, February 19, 2010

SWAPS & CALS & INSANITY...oh my

Cotton yarn out for the giant granny

What am I thinking? Seriously? Do I think I have a nanny or a house cleaner or something? Because recently I've signed myself up for several crochet swap and/or crochet-alongs. I kid myself and say it's for the "learning experience" but so far, all I am learning is how to put-off as many chores as possible. I still feed the kids however and remember to pick the big ones up from school. And I haven't let Peelu wander off into the street yet. That should count for something, right?

Okay, here's the rundown.

Basket weave pattern up close
Mel's Create-along over at One Crafty Mumma, where we are making wash/dishcloths. Practical, right? I thought so!

My second dishcloth sent off...
I am also participating in the 12 Dancing Dishcloth year long swap at Ravelry. Above is a photo of the package I just sent to Shelly in Idaho. Hope she enjoys it. And I can't wait for November when I get to be the recipient of 11 fabulous dishcloths.

Some baby grannies
Oh we're not done yet! I also signed up for this super fun granny square swap at Hoot-n-Annie that I found via Becky at Strumpets Crumpets. I am so, so, so excited for this swap as we all know that grannies are a very real obsession for me right now. Plus, all the girls in it have really cute blogs and amazing creativity. Check out the flickr site for the swap.

Weekend Crochet
And finally...as I drooled for more time than I care to admit at this potholder swap that took place last year...I just found out that they are having another one, going on right now!! Here's a flickr group link and the ravelry link too. This one is still open is you have a mind to join along. Of course, I do have the above pot holders already started but do you think I would go wtih what I already have? Heck no....I am already auditioning different patterns. Heaven help me.

1 comment:

  1. I've only done one-to-one swaps...don't think I could take the pressure of more but I'll cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete