Monday, March 8, 2010
Well, I have not finished all of my potholders for the big potholder swap. But I did finish two more. You can see them above. I have two different squares from Jan Eaton's 200 Crochet Blocks book that will make up the double sided potholder. The Dahlia block again (which looks a bit different in sport weight yarn than it did here in worsted weight yarn). And then for the backing I decided to go with the Pinstripes block. This block did not stand out to me when I was going through the book the first time. I thought it was boring. But as I was looking for a solid block to back the dahlia, I looked at it differently and realized I could make the circular stripes be any color I want. (Duh! I know!).
Here were my original potholder pattern considerations. Very hard for me to commit but I had to get my butt in gear. They were all from Jan's book. The Granny with a Twist square is one of my all time favorite squares and then I tried another solid block - #109 Four Square. It was actually hard to decide. But from the top photo you can see which square I obviously decided on....just have to add the loop to this one. The back is already crocheted on. Once I finish these five for the swap, I will make back for these other two blocks because I am diggin' them still.