Saturday, March 27, 2010

Yummy Rainbows

Pretty Cool!

After the Naughty Leprechaun incident on St. Patricks Day. I decided to make the maniacs some treats for them and their friends for our walk home from school.

Rainbow Cupcakes for St. Patricks Day

I am not a baker. I fully admit to this. I however DO like to EAT baked goods. But usually the baking in my family gets left to Ross, my mom or my sister. I like to cook. But I saw this fun recipe in my favorite magazine - Family Fun. And I thought I would try it for St. Patrick's Day. I am 1/4 Irish, after all. ;-)

Baked Rainbows fresh out of the oven

Okay, really it was the pretty rainbow effect that sold me. You know I LOVE rainbows. They were really, really, really easy and turned out great. I just added some white frosting "clouds" along with some rainbow colored sprinkles and we had a big hit on our hands.

I LOVE RAINBOWS!
Finger lickin good
Peelu's Yummy Rainbow

As you can see, Peelu thoroughly enjoyed them as well. I mean, what's not to like? Rainbows & Cupcakes? Yeah, she's a girl after her Mama's heart. And let me tell you. After we passed them out to our walking home crew - we were the envy of the elementary set!

2 comments:

  1. Ha this brings back memories of making cakes with my children when they were young. looks amazing..bet they tasted greatxlynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great... Peelu certainly seems to be enjoying hers!

    ReplyDelete