Monday, April 12, 2010

The tag-along mini grannies

All of the baby grannies!

I had to include a little gifty in with my granny swap squares. But I wanted to keep it granny-ish don't 'ya know? So I made up some more mini granny square necklaces.

Aren't they unique?

I had a pile of Red Heart Heart & Sole sock yarn and went to town. Remember when I made them last time? Well, this time I really couldn't stop myself. I think I made 30 of them (and I only needed 21 for the swap).

Bye Bye girls!

They whip up so dang fast. I think I could make one in about 8 minutes. Kootoyoo has tutorial here for her granny necklaces. All I did for these ones was to continue all three rounds with the same yarn and when I slip stitched to close the last round I slip stitched over to the corner and chained approx. 125 chains and then slip stitched in the same place on the other side of the top edge of the square. Did that make any sense? Oh yeah, and I used a D hook.

I like how the yarn variegation..
These are addicting to make!

Really, if you can make a granny square, you can make these cute things. I really, really love the variegated sock yarn because it makes a nice compact size, it's stretchy enough to fit over your head and I think the variegation is very artsy looking. It's like a beautiful surprise after you finish one.

Possibly my favorite

Hot Rod has a camouflage looking one that I made for him and, bless his heart, he wears it almost every day. We've given a few other away as gifts to little and big friends alike.

So easy to make!

I sure hope the girls in the swap like them. Speaking of which.....just the thought of my granny swap package arriving is making me quiver with delight.

Hmmmmm.... that probably didn't sound right.

All ready to go

4 comments:

  1. i love your little grannies --- and your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are gorgeous,
    going to try making some as soon as I can
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Love the shot of them hanging in your garden! I'm sure all the recipients will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete