Thursday, May 20, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

Teacher Appreciation gifts

After we made the crocheted vase for Grandma W.'s birthday I couldn't help but make some more. I mean, crochet and flowers, how can you go wrong? I made two for Hot Rod & Lil' Mermaid's teachers for Teacher Appreciation Day. I thought they turned out pretty cool.

Recycled jars, covered in crochet

Another pickle jar (Yes, we like pickles!) and a hoisin sauce jar. I mostly used hdc on the side of these vases. I think I like that size for the vase covers. The middle jar was my first vase attempt and you can tell I played around with different stitches - some sc, come dc, some hdc....it's a little wonkier.

More vases

Lion Brand cotton scraps used. I love color...sigh...

2 comments:

  1. These look great, love the colours, so bright and cheerful :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and you're right! Crochet and flowers seem to be a dynamic duo.

    xo- Britt

    ReplyDelete