Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last lunches of the year

Well, I did it. I made lunch for the maniacs for every school day this year. And it wasn't as bad as I thought. I wasn't as creative as I thought I'd be and I didn't do something fancy every day. But they ate healthy and had some fun surprises here and there. And I have to say that it made me happy when both teachers asked if I could pack their lunches too. :-) So here is the last hurrah for my two big first graders (yikes, they're second graders now!)

Bento Box Lunch 4-19-10
Lil' Mermaid put this together for herself and her brother: Ham & cheese sandwiches with pepperoncini, mandarin orange, avocado, cucumbers, red grapes, salt & vinegar chips, goldfish, raisins and peanuts, m&m cookie.

Bento Box Lunch 4-28-10
Bean & cheese burritos, avocado/corn/tomato salad, cucumbers and carrot coins, cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese, corn chips and raisins. Using leftover again!

Bento Box Lunch 5-6-10
The last of the strawberry shortcake (with mini chocolate chips this time - angel food cake, strawberries, whipped cream) peas, cheese & crackers, raisins and turkey wraps (cream cheese, chunky cranberry sauce, lettuce, turkey)

Bento Box Lunch 5-11-10
Papa's homemade whole wheat bread with butter and honey on it, boiled egg, leftover ham and sweet potato fries, and leftover salad (lettuce, strawberries, candied walnuts, sweet onions and homemade poppy seed dressing)

Bento Box lunch May
whole wheat bagel with cream cheese, salad (lettuce from the garden) with italian dressing, trail mix of pretzels, golden raisins, regular raisins, and peanuts, oreo pudding with strawberries.

Bento Box 6-9-10
PB & J sandwich in a "tart", carrots, homemade coleslaw, light fruit cocktail, trail mix with nuts, chocolate chips, raisins, goldfish crackers, sunflower seeds

Bento Box - 6-10-10
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL

Ham, cream cheese, spinach roll ups, green beans and dill pickles, pepperoni, cheese and crackers, orange smiles and watermelon.

Of course, I also thought I'd be this totally put-together-cool-mom who would put lovely notes of praise and funny jokes and inspiring quotes in their kids' lunch box - but it didn't happen very often. We did put this funny one in on the last day of school though:

Last day of school LOVE!

And it said it all. We were very proud of those two wacky kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment