Saturday, July 10, 2010

I've been a dirty girl....apparently

I've been a dirty girl....apparently

I guess that is why I have been crocheting up so many dish/wash cloths lately. I have a TON of other crochet projects that I have been needing to complete. But my craft ADHD kicks in and I find that a small dishcloth frequently suits my attention span best. Plus, I like learning new stitches on them. Good thing I have a monthly swap to help keep my dishcloths flowing out of the house. And they are my new go-to gift for friends. I mean, everybody can use a dishcloth, right? Aw well. Even if they can't - it keeps me out of trouble.

Love spa cloths
These spa cloths are inspired by a fellow crochet-er, whose work I just ADORE. Her name is Ellen and you must check out her fabulous blog. I love to check it out not only for her fab crochet work, but because she blogs about old LA, and that is not far from where I grew up. She has great old photos on her blog that remind me of the stories my parents have told me about growing up in Southern CA many, many years ago. Oh yeah, the spa cloths are the first time I used Lion Brand Nature's Choice organic cotton. Very soft stuff.

Sylvan Star cloth
Venice Beach Hexagon Washcloth
IMG_2459_2_1
The three designs above are all recent pattern from Lion Brand. All very easy and very, very fast. I used Lion Cotton and some Sugar n' Cream.

Dishcloth gift for Jen
Simple motif makes a great dishcloth
Second dishcloth gift for Jen
Another dishcloth from new pattern book
Can you tell I found a new pattern book? The ones above are from The Big Book of Dishcloths. Again, super easy designs. I think I like this spiral design better than the Lion Brand ones however. Red Heart Eco-Cotton for those two and the tri-color circle one and Sugar n' Cream for the square.

The pair
Doily dishcloth in natural
Doily dishcloth in navy
These are my faves of the batch. I love the doily look of them but I was able to still use worsted weight yarn. Way easier pattern than I thought. And surprisingly fast. Pattern from same book as above.

The doily dishcloth

Anywhoooo, that's my crochet work as of late....with more on my hooks. Sickness, I tell 'ya...it's a sickness....

6 comments:

  1. these are all brilliant,
    I never think of doing shaped dish clothes
    mine are normally just squares,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the last ones, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliments and heads-up, Chica!
    Your spa cloths look fantastic! I've been experimenting with the spiral pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is Jess from Lion Brand. I'm happy to see these great photographs of your washcloths. It's fun to see how different colors and shapes can create such varied projects. Keep up the great work.

    With warm regards,
    Jess H.
    Lion Brand Yarn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful work. I love that dishcloth book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! My boyfriend's grandma has been crocheting dishcloths for him for a while, but his are definitely in need of replacing now... I can only do a basic afghan stitch, but I'm going to try and do some square cloths for him soon!

    ReplyDelete