Friday, July 23, 2010

Postcrossing

Some of my first postcards from postcrossing

I have always loved getting mail, any mail at all (mind you I do no include bills or credit card offers in my "mail" category). When I was young girl I had quite a few penpals from all around the world. It was always fascinating to me to read about peoples lives from other states or countries.

Anyway, I found a way I could re-capture some of that fun, foreign mail excitement without the bigger commitment of a penpal right now. I saw some great posts by Mel at CraftyMumma about Postcrossing and I went over to check it out. Basically, you send a postcard out to somebody and somebody else sends you one. It's pretty much that simple. It's free. I eagerly run to my mailbox every day now and the kids enjoy looking up where the postcards come from on our large atlas. Plus we get cool postcards, funny postcards, thoughtful postcards and lots of neat stamps. And I mustn't forget all the well wishes and kind words from people all over the world. It's been very fun and rewarding for all of us.

Postcrossing!

So, that means I have been stocking up on local Central Oregon postcards, as well as buying a few fun ones from a super crafty blog friend (Strumpets Crumpets) AND having a few made by MOO from my own photos. That was really fun. You can see some of those I made right here. It kinda got addicting, making my photos into postcards at Picnik. Geesh, the cool stuff you can do on-line these days!

My own postcards

I highly recommend visiting all these cool sites for (mostly) free fun. Keeps me off the streets, ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment