Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Tin Men - Completed

Hot Rod with his completed robot

Here's part two of the recycled robot saga. They did it. The boys completed the coolest recycled scarecrow/tin man/robot ever!

I love his mouth.

Seriously, I was a tad doubtful - after my discussion with Ross on letting Hot Rod completely make his robot himself - that it would turn out looking like much of anything. I mean, he's only seven.

Did you notice his cool front pack?

But I was WRONG!

Kinda cute, huh?

It's DANG cool. And did you see his cool little front pack he made from an altoids tin?

All done

I was seriously impressed. And of course, not to be outdone by his seven year old son. Ross went to super cool extremes to finish his scarecrow (he calls it that because he hung it in the cherry tree to scare the birds away from our meager cherry supply this year).

Hanging in the cherry tree for now.
Isn't he fabulous????

Do you like his grin?

Close-up

And his bottle cap toes? We won't talk about who drank this much beer to get all these caps.
He even has toes!

And look at his safety pin fingers.

Safety pins for fingers!

My favorite part, however, is his belly button.

He even has a belly button!

I just absolutely LOVE these recycled creations. I've got some creative boys in my family.

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous creation!
    A total inspire for my daughters next project!
    We sure could use one of these in our gardens!!

    Very creative and great work!

    xoxo

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'm going to make one for my backyard! Both your guys did a terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome, I'm going to show it to my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete