Friday, August 27, 2010

Flower arranging art

I love the flowers in our yard

Ooooohhh..I almost forgot. When we picked our flowers for our pounding experiment we sorta played with them first.

Peelu carting our bowl of flowery goodness around
Playing with my camera

...spreading them out....

So pretty all spread out
A plethora of petals

...admiring the amazing colors.....

Popping colors
Hot pinkiness

...noticing the different sizes and shapes...

The queen poppy

...lining them up...

Perfect petals
In a row
All lined up

...playing with texture...

My fave flower
Arranging flowers on the rocks

...then Lil' Mermaid stepped in to play too...

Lil' M working on her flower art
Flower Wreath Art
More kid's flower art
Lil' Mermaid's Flower art

...and Hot Rod couldn't resist...

Kid's flower art
Another flower arrangement from the kids
Hot Rod's flower art

All in all, a very calming and beautiful exercise in nature art. You must try it yourself!

Pretty bouquet

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I love reading your blog. I am wondering why I'm getting your recently updated posts but they are all dated for August?

    best,
    Ursa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comment, Ursa. And I apologize for my blog being so confusing right now.

    This past summer I really got behind in my postings. But I would start posts and leave them in draft form until I could get back to them - so at least I would remember what I wanted to write about. So accidentally I found that if I didn't go in and change my posting date to the current date that it would post with the date that I first started the post on.

    So in my confused mind I didn't want all my posts to be in one current month. I wanted them where they were "supposed" to be. So I am trying this month to catch up all my posts to current and I am just letting them post where they would normally have been.

    Does that make any sense? I am sorry it is confusing. My disorganization is troublesome. But in my mind I am organizing these posts in the way they should have been. I know, I am rolling my eyes at myself right now. Hopefully I'll be caught up soon! :-) Thanks for still checking out my ramblings though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, okay, thanks for clarifying :-)

    ReplyDelete