Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lil' Mermaid's Photo Shoot

Lil' Mermaid's Flower Photos - Maltese Cross

I have let the kids take a few photos with our digital camera before. But I must say, I am a bit paranoid about it. Maybe for Christmas we should find them a less expensive camera to work with....but for now, their hands on my camera chills me a bit. I make them loop the strap around there neck five times (okay, not really that many times, they can still breathe) and then I hover over them a bit. I'm over cautious about my camera baby, I know, but seven year old hands have a tendency to not be as careful. But, I have tried to loosen up a bit. Especially because digital cameras open up the eyes to children so much easier than film cameras did because, of course, the kids can see the results right away. And they love to crop and manipulate the image a bit on the computer too. When I can let go of my dropped camera neuroses I really do enjoy watching them try to frame a subject, notice more things around, look at their world in a different way.

Lil' Mermaid's Flower Photos - Clematis

Lil' Mermaid has really taken to this idea and asked to take some photos of our flowers in the yard. So I outfitted her with my camera strap contraption (she could breathe!) and followed her around the front and back yards, interested in what she wanted to shoot.

Lil' Mermaid's deer

And she also practiced being a quick on the draw photojournalist with the above photo of a deer in our neighbors yard.

Lil' Mermaid's Flower Photos - Blanket Flower

Stay tuned to see what else she does to these beautiful floral photographs!

No comments:

Post a Comment