Monday, August 2, 2010

The Flying Japanese Fish

The finished batik fish flag

Remember the cool batik we did earlier in the summer? Well, since Lil' Mermaid decided to enter her flying fish in the Fair - she had to finish sewing it. The sewing was a bit haphazard and rushed but all in all I think it turned out pretty beautiful.

I love these colors

The colors on that old recycled curtain are surprisingly bright.

Lil' Mermaid with her finished flag

Maybe this will inspire the rest of us to finish up the projects we had planned with the batik art we each made.

Fish flag flying in the breeze

And if you have not ventured over to That Artist Woman's site yet to check out this super easy batik method (as well as marvel at her other ideas) then you should get clickin'

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing and beautiful! I had one like that when I was a kid, except it was a lot smaller and it wasn't homemade. I wish I had made one! :o)

    ReplyDelete