Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hoot, Hoot

Whoooo loves 'ya Baby?

Okay, I have been seriously crocheting for over a year now. I've looked at several amigurumi patterns (small, crocheted stuffed creatures) and been so tempted. But they look hard. I did make Hedwig for Hot Rod here. But she was pretty simple and not traditional amigurumi. So when Karla from Itsy Bitsy Spider (who I "knew" from The Great Granny Square Swap) decided to do an owl crochet-along, I was so in!

Pinky Lee - The Great Owl Crochet-along

Here is my first little owl. I call her Pinky Lee. She turned out pretty cute. I even ventured away from the main design and gave her wings. I wanted to enter her in Fair and I was getting down to the wire. But I finished her in time.

This is my better side

My next intention was to make another owl for the optional swap portion of the crochet-along. But with the craziness of Fair and our intense craft and art activities beforehand....well, I was too late.

Owl pieces

So poor little "Turq" is homeless for now. You can tell I ventured even further form the original design with wings, fun fur weaved through the wings, fun fur in the ears and a giant heart belly patch.

Head put together
I think she's kinda cute
Perched in a tree

Karla made a flickr group for her awesome creations and you can see lots of these cute owls there.

2 comments: