Wednesday, September 1, 2010

State Fair Fun

The girls working on their art

We went to the Oregon State Fair to watch some of my 4-Hers compete in Dog Showmanship. Grandma W decided to hop into Papa's big ole' truck with us and we had a fabulous day together. Some of the highlights (besides my awesome 4-Hers)...

The kids contribution to a public art display in the 4-H building:

There was a table set up in the middle of the building that had some basic art supplies laid out, along with instructions to make a piece of art with the theme "how to change the world". Then the kids could attach it to a nearby mesh screen for public display.

Lil' Mermaid attaching her artwork (it said "make it colorful" - that's my girl!:
Lil' Mermaid tying on her art

Hot Rod's says "treat dogs well":
Hot Rod's public art sentiments

Peelu plopped right down in the middle of the floor to make SEVERAL:
Making her public art

Her sister helped her write her "change the world" sentiment - it says "make art everybody!":
Cutie pie with her public art

Pretty cool stuff. I wish I could have seen the display at the end of Fair. I bet it had some wonderful stuff on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment