Friday, October 15, 2010

Cables for the boys

My first cable hat

I've been meaning to try some cable in my crochet. I saw this cute hat. And went in search of the pattern. Sarah has some great patterns (I've made her Divine Hat before) and her instructions are always very clear with great pictures. So I set off to make a cable hat for my first time.
Hot Rod with the super thick hat
Top view of cable hat

I went smaller to make this super, ultra thick hat for Hot Rod. He can't wait for the weather to cool off a bit more. Because he insists on wearing it on the walk into school but he's practically sweating by the time we get there.

He will never have a cold head again!

Then Ross was fussing about needing a new hat for hunting. So I made him this shorter version using Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool.

Close-up of Ross' cable hat

He likes a shorter, skully type of fit. It turned out pretty cool.

My cute boy in his new hat

At first I wasn't sure if the tweedy character of this yarn hid the cables too much. But now I think it's pretty cool looking. Ross says it kept him very warm at hunting camp.

Ross' Cable Hat

Now I am addicted to cables and must.... make.... some more....

No comments:

Post a Comment