Friday, November 19, 2010

A Spring colored doily made in Fall

Pretty variegation on this sock yarn

I am addicted to buying those little skeins of variegated sock yarn when I see them. I am not sure why, because I don't think I ever have any intention of making socks -either by crocheting or knitting - but those little skeins are much too lovely to pass by....my first endeavor with sock yarn was making these sweet little granny square necklaces. But I needed more of an outlet for my new found sock yarn fetish.

Pretty Green Doily

So I perused Ravelry, looking for patterns that I could use my stash of sock yarn on ...and lo and behold, I recently found this easy doily pattern.

Green Star

Last Fall I posted about the AMAZING doilies that Ross' grandmother had made over the years. Someday, I hope to make some like hers. But for now, I find that doilies, using sock yarn are rather lovely and quite a bit faster to create. I like how the variegation is a bit of surprise as you crochet along. And I like the very soft feel and wash-ability of the sock yarn.

Looks much more golden in the sunshine

So, I am on the lookout for more patterns that I can use my sock yarn stash on - let me know if you have some good patterns out there. I'd love to keep the sock yarn off of my feet for now.

1 comment: