Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bento Box Lunch Updates

YIKES! I guess you could say I am a bit behind on Lunch Updates. I wasn't even really sure if anyone was interested. But I have received some nice comments saying they were missed...so here I am trying to catch up a bit. More on the way! I promise!

Bento Box Lunch 9-7-10
First Day of Second Grade: Ham, cheddar & apple bagel sandwich, blueberries & strawberries, beans from the garden, graham crackers.

Bento Box Lunch 9-8-10
Leftover Mandarin chicken salad, hard boiled egg, yellow peppers, blueberries & strawberries, graham crackers, cheese & yogurt/berry rice cakes

Bento Box Lunch 9-13-10
Rice cake sandwiches (with veggie cream cheese in between), orange peppers, ham and cheddar cubes, orange slices, snack mix of animal crackers, pretzels, raisins, goldfish crackers & banana chips.

Bento Box Lunch 9-9-10
Baked pita chips, ham cubes, hummus, cherries, carrots, yellow peppers, cucumbers

Bento Box Lunch 9-10-10
7 Layer dip with corn chips, grapes & strawberries, orange peppers and cucumbers

Bento Box Lunch 9-14-10
Whole wheat english muffin pizzas, green salad with garden cukes & tomatoes, strawberries with a dash of whipped cream, snack mix of goldfish crackers, pretzels & dried cranberries

Bento Box Lunch 9-15-10
Leftover Italian Stew with mozzarella on top, apple sauce, red peppers and green beans with ranch dressing, snack cup (yes, it;s an ice cream cone) full of goldfish crackers, o cereal, raisins and dried cranberries. I laid the cone down when I closed the box and it did get a bit crunched, but hopefully it was still fun for the kids.

People have asked me if my kids actually eat everything in their lunch box. I think they do. It changes when they have growth spurts or a particularly active day or it's something they love versus something that's not their favorite. But what has worked out well for us is that we walk home and the first thing they have to do is put up their lunch boxes for cleaning. If they have nay food left they sit and eat it and it takes the place of their after school snack.

More to come!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea!! Pea Pod isn't allowed to take anything to school made with nuts or made in a factory that has nuts due to allergies in the school! I am always struggling to find thing new for her! Thanks for the great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete