Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mama's Papa Bear Hat

I really like this color

This pattern is from Interweave Crochet's Accessories magazine that I picked up this Christmas. It's called The Papa Bear Hat, designed by Marty Miller, and was shown modeled on a man.

Hat Mania at our house

But, I have been wanting to make a slouch hat to try out for myself for quite a while now. So, I decided one evening to hook this baby up. I had some Bulky Universal yarn in this pretty blue/green color and I thought it would be perfect.

Super easy pattern

I finished the hat the next evening. (It was a really fast and easy pattern by Marty Miller). And couldn't wait to try it out. I think it's reversible and I actually like the "inside" pattern that the back of the HDC sticthes makes, even more than the front of the stitches.

OUTSIDE:
Mama's Papa Bear Hat


INSIDE:
Mama's Papa Bear Hat Inside Out

This has become my new favorite walking to school hat (along with Peelu's Pom-Pom). I'm sure we make quite the pair in our new hats. Although I have realized, that with slouchy hats - you need to make sure you've got the slouch in the back pushed back right, or else you end up looking like a psychotic gnome.

My first slouchy style hat

I highly recommend this pattern, especially if, like me, you want to try out the slouchy hat look, without taking too much time on a pattern.

Two Clowns on the front porch

And it looks lovely paired with the Peelu Pom-Pom Hat.

Peelu & Mama Hat Time

No comments:

Post a Comment