Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bird's Nest Necklace Joy

Peelu's bird's nest necklace for Grandma

Do you ever find a craft project that you make and it turns out so wonderful that you CAN'T stop making more and more and more?

My Bird's Nest Necklace

Well that is what has happened with these super, duper, totally sweet birds nest necklaces that we found at Rhubarb Sky. I can't thank Carrie enough for blogging about these necklaces. We have made a bunch. They have become our go-to present for mother, grandmothers, and teachers and we just plain love wearing them ourselves.

Doing Good!

Okay, one evening, Peelu and I were home alone and we decided to get a jump on Mother's Day presents. So we put a movie on and I dragged out the beads and wire. Carrie's directions were very easy to follow and she's completely right when she says you just have to go with the flow while wrapping. I kept fighting myself on my nest, but Peelu just kept going with hers.

Making bird's nest necklace #3
Making bird's nest necklace #1
Making bird's nest necklace #2

I was so surprised at how well she could do this. I mean, she's not even 4 yet. Myabe I have a jewelry designer prodigy? Okay, maybe it just really is that easy.

Making bird's nest necklace #7
Making bird's nest necklace #8

She did poke me a bit with the wire and initially I helped her on the weaving the ends back through part - but then she told me to "Please stop. I want to weave it myself." Geesh!

Making bird's nest necklace #9

I did do the bail parts myself, but pretty much she could make the whole thing herself. Amazing. Totally cool.

Making bird's nest necklace #6

WE LOVE THESE NECKLACES!! As can be attested by my brown one, R's purple and green one (that she too made herself), Peelu's pink one for herself, a turquoise one for Grandma W and a red and purple one for Memere.

Our pile o' bird's nest necklaces

I can guarantee there will be more of these in our future. Go make yourself happy and make one right now. Seriously it will take you 10 minutes - tops. Do it. You know you want one of these necklaces!

Peelu made one for Grandma too!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! These all looks so wonderful. I love all of the bright colors. So glad it worked out so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carrie! You guys were the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!

    Jess here, from AllFreeKidsCrafts.com. I wanted to let you know that I featured your project in our Link Love post on FaveCraftsBlog.com for our Summer Camp Week roundup to accompany the daily giveaways. You can see the post here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/link-love-summer-camp-kids-crafts/

    Thanks for sharing! I love the project, as always. You're such a creative designer!

    Jess Farris

    ReplyDelete