Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Greencards Concert

Greencards on Stage

We are really bad about not utilizing all the great concert venues that we have in Central Oregon. We just kinda get lazy about it. But every week when I read the paper and see all the cool concerts coming up, oftentimes free, I get bummed that we don't go.

All the kids dancing at The Greencards concert

So for once we just went, even with rain threatening skies. And I am so glad we did. Not only did we go with our best buds, but we had a wonderful concert experience.

Awesome concert!

I had read about the upcoming concert by the Greencards in the paper and I was looking forward to seeing them and hearing them play live. It was an outdoor concert at the Les Schwab amphitheater and it was cloudy and they had some sound difficulties....but it was awesome!

M's dancing at The Greencards Concert #6

The music was great, the bad was very casual and fun and Peelu danced and danced and danced....

M's dancing at The Greencards Concert #5
M's dancing at The Greencards Concert #4
M's dancing at The Greencards Concert #3

During the break between sets you could actually go down to the stage and talk to the band members and purchase CDs and t-shirts. I am usually shy about this kind of stuff because I hate to seem like such a big geek and I always think they are way too busy to want to talk to me.....

so I dragged the little dancer down and we got to talk with Carol Young, the only female and the main lead singer. She was cool. No other way to put it. Sincerely and genuinely nice and Peelu just fell in love with her as Carol talked to her little four year old self. I am bummed that I didn't ask for a photo then, because Peelu would have been over the moon with one. But we said our thank yous and then walked over to the big kids who were dancing on the concrete stage area and Peelu told them all about meeting Carol. So R asked me if she could go meet her too and tell her how much she was enjoying the music. The other kids tagged along and Carol was nice enough to pose with them.

Lead Singer, Carol posing with R & friends

Needless to say, we bought a CD and if I had had anymore money I would have bought one of everything! They are a cool band, they play cool music, Carol is a way cool girl and we are now diehard Greencards fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment