Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Need some yarn time....

Making the granny sampler blanket

....I guess.  That's my excuse anyway.  I have plenty to do elsewhere, but Blair at Wisecraft started a Granny Square Sampler Crochet-along and....well....it looked a good way to spend a few minutes during the summer weeks.

Lovin' some crochet this Summer!

But of course I was a bit late in starting so I had to play catch up.  But that's okay.  I'm having fun.

Week 1 - Traditional Grannies

You KNOW I love me some grannies!

Week 2 - a bunch of little traditional grannies

In general I am trying to use this as a bit of a scrap buster project.  I am going with acrylic or acrylic/wool blend for washing ease around the maniacs, who are incredibly dirty this summer. 

Week 3 - Variation Grannies

Mostly Vanna's Choice, some Red Heart Soft Yarn and Caron and a few Universal Classic Worsted. And my trusty H hook.

Week 4 - "V" Grannies

Week 5 - Squircles v3 Grannies 

The pattern choice has been fun and there have been some new patterns for me. 

Week 5 - Grannies w/ Circle Centers

 I've tried not to drive myself totally nuts with all the combinations as I would normally keep second guessing myself. 

Week 6 - Sunburst Variation Grannies

So far so good though.....

Week 7 - African Somalia Flower Grannies

Of course, we'll see what it looks like in the end......

So far, caught up to Week 7

But I'm diggin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment