Friday, November 16, 2012

Recycled Turkeys

Recycled Turkeys

Mrs. Z was looking for a fast Thanksgiving-ish themed lesson for art.

 Recycled Turkeys

I have always liked this turkey project from Art Projects for Kids and boy do I have a LOT of cardboard saved.

 Recycled Turkeys

Very simple and fun. Cut out turkey shapes from recycled cardboard boxes. Glue them together, layering your shapes. Add googly eyes. Because really googly eyes make everything better. (Don't you love this student found a cheese cracker box that had glasses on a character on the box and he used that for his turkeys head. Cracked me up!)

 Recycled Turkeys

And then - (I'm not really sure how we came up with this)- Mrs. Z and I decided they were using their turkeys to make a slogan about how recycling is important. Mrs. Z is always trying to tie writing into all her projects and we thought the recycling angle was a good point. Whatevuh!

 Recycled Turkeys Recycled Turkeys Recycled Turkeys Recycled Turkeys Recycled Turkeys Recycled Turkeys Recycled Turkeys

Funny turkeys, that's for sure. And I ain't talking about the artwork!

Recycled Turkeys

No comments:

Post a Comment