Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Another Kindergarten Art Auction Project: Mrs' P's Hands Full of Heart

Kindergarten Art Auction Projects: Mrs. P's Hearts

Mrs. P (M's teacher this year) had an AM kindergarten class (M's class) and a PM afternoon class. After we had figured out the AM class's art auction project she was at a loss as to what to do for the PM class. I thought a heart theme was fun to do for both of her classes and I showed her another idea to do on canvas.

 Kindergarten Art Auction Projects: Mrs. P's Hearts

And of course I offered to help. Mental head slap.

Kindergarten Art Auction Projects: Mrs. P's Hearts

 Actually, this project was even easier and we finished it in one hour. First Mrs. P painted the canvas white. Then I cut a mask for the heart that was as big as I could fit for the canvas.

Kindergarten Art Auction Projects: Mrs. P's Hearts

We used some of the acrylic paint colors from the other project and then added a few brighter colors as well. I didn't know many of the kids in this class but they were sure cute and excited about this art project. They got to pick their colors and then I painted their hands. I told them to then spread their fingers out and I positioned their hand over the specific spots (trying to fill in the heart and maintain some uniformity to the paint coverage). Then I gently helped them press down their hand. I softly pressed all parts of their hand and told them not to wiggle as we talked about printmaking. Then we lifted their hand straight off and they went to wash it at the sink. The mask worked really well so that the heart shape was crisply defined even against the hand prints.

Kindergarten Art Auction Projects: Mrs. P's Hearts

 Another easy and really quick art auction project.

No comments:

Post a Comment