Sunday, April 28, 2013

Folk Art Fish - My Sample

4th Grade Art Auction Project: Mrs. Z's Class Fish

This was the sample I made (11x14) of the folk art fish auction project for Mrs. Z's class. I always panic a bit before I start an art auction project because it is usually a large piece of art and we only have so much time with the kids to get it right and get it done.

4th Grade Art Auction Project: Mrs. Z's Class Fish

So I sketched some fish onto my smaller canvas first. This also helped me with size as I needed to smoosh a lot of fish onto the class canvas. I was able to practice that on the smaller canvas and it gave me a better idea on proportion and how many fish I could fit in a given area.


4th Grade Art Auction Project: Mrs. Z's Class Fish

Then I started painting, making notes as I went along as to how I would show the class and how I would approach acrylic painting with them.

4th Grade Art Auction Project: Mrs. Z's Class Fish 4th Grade Art Auction Project: Mrs. Z's Class Fish

 It turned out pretty nice, if I do say so myself. And it was a great visual for the kids to look at and touch and imagine their own contribution to the class project. It's also hanging in our living room now. Why is it I am only attempting art on my own these days if it is a class sample? Whatever works, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment